Increasing Predictability, Reducing Risk: The Pipeliner Selling System
What are the fundamentals of every sales processSales Process Sales Process is a series of strategic steps or a set of activities aimed at driving sales growth through the alignment of personnel, market insight, methodologies, relevant business units, and technology.?
Sales Process and the Pipeliner Selling System
The reason salespeople need a sales process is that buyers follow exact journeys. If a salesperson isn´t following along, they are going for the close when the buyerBuyer A buyer is an individual or organizational entity that purchases a product or subscribes to a service. is much further back in their journey. That´s a rapidly lost sale.
So how can the sales process align with a buyer’s journey? This is where the Pipeliner Selling System comes in—for each stage of the System is designed to dovetail with each stage of a natural buyer’s progression.
The 5 Stages of Sales Process and the Pipeliner Selling System
- When a buyer begins their journey, they are an Investigator. They are seeking out possible solutions for issues they are experiencing in their company. The job of a salesperson is to focus in on this prospect, and also to focus the buyer’s attention. That’s why the first stage of the Pipeliner Selling System is Focus.
- Following the investigation stage, the buyer becomes a Prospect and the salesperson enters the next phase of the Selling System, which is Engage.
- When the prospect has successfully been moved through the Engage phase, they become an Evaluator. The corresponding phase for the salesperson for this part of the journey is Convince. This is where the sale is actually made.
- Following the Convince stage, the buyer then becomes a CustomerCustomer Customer is an individual or an organization that purchases a product or signs up for a service offered by a business., moving into the Close stage of the Selling System, where a new process begins.
- As the new process is applied to the customer, they are targeted for Advocate status. The phase of the Selling System that applies here is Cooperate, because advocacy is a collaborative process. The Pipeliner Selling System is comprised of the common denominators to most or all sales processes. It is designed to reduce your risk and leverage your opportunities.
If you’re uncertain of your sales process or—worse—you don’t have one at all, the Pipeliner Selling System will lay a firm path for you to follow to create a robust, reliable sales process for your sales organizationOrganization Organization is a cohesive group of people working together and formally bound by a shared identity (e.g., one team, company, club, etc.) and a common purpose (e.g., business growth, athletic victory, etc.)..
Learn More About Pipeliner CRM
Take a no-obligation 14 day trial of Pipeliner CRM.
No credit card info required – just experience for yourself how it could impact your sales.
This ebook is on the subject of “Win Together.” It falls under the same context as“win-to-win” described in my book Network Selling: Guarantee Success for the Digital Age. Today, this aspect of sales is more important than ever, and must also be part and parcel of CRM solutions.
“For some years I’ve been saying that, as a society, we’re in the midst of a transformation. Given what’s happened in the last couple of years, there’s no one left who is disagreeing with me! It’s become very obvious.”
A common term in sales today is EQ, which stands for “emotional I.Q.” It means the skill a salesperson has in reading emotions and utilizing them in sales. It means empathy and a number of other abilities. The short version is, it’s an I.Q. when it comes to emotions. But just as with our Network Selling model, E.Q. isn’t just for sales, either. It’s actually the missing factor in human interactions, for confrontation—a common “tool” in human interactions—doesn’t actually handle anything.
“You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.”