He possesses 30 plus years of experience in all facets of sales development, including consulting, training, coaching, recruiting, systems, processes, and metrics.
Baseline Selling—for Home Run Sales
Baseline Selling was founded in 2005 by Dave Kurlan and is fully described in his book Baseline Selling: How to Become a Sales Superstar by Using What You Already Know About the Game of Baseball. It was created as an answer to the problem of salespeople resistance to adopting complex selling methodologies and cleverly taps into a subject many already know: baseball.
In Baseline Selling, Baseball is used as a metaphor—each of the 4 bases are a stage in a simple sales process:
First base: You get an appointment.
Second base: They’re a solid prospect.
Third base: You have a highly qualified opportunity.
Home plate: You are closing.
Within Baseline Selling, there are a number of immediately applicable techniques including:
- “Positioning statements” – a sure fire way of getting engagement when the buyer picks up the phone
- Techniques for engaging the buyer who already has what you sell, and for differentiating in a commodity sell (in which there is little difference between you and your competitors).
- Rules for unpacking symptoms from problems and reaction and consequences, and how to uncouple cause from effect.
- The “Infield Why Rule” – the practice of asking why until you get to root cause.
- The “Inoffensive Close”
- The “Suicide Squeeze” for overcoming resistance to change
Baseline Selling and Pipeliner CRM
Assisting salespeople in simplifying sales complexity is nothing new to Pipeliner. Pipeliner CRM was developed to actually empower salespeople (instead of miring them down in data entry), and to assist them in navigating today’s sales complexity.
Pipeliner is Instant Intelligence, Visualized. It is instantly customizable to a company’s unique sales process, and fully customizable for tasks and activities within each sales stage. Pipeliner’s visual and intuitive functionality make it possible for salespeople to prioritize and stay on top of their opportunities, and stay up to speed all the way to the close.
Pipeliner CRM totally empowers Baseline Selling methodology. Try it today.
Learn more about your sales process and CRM