RAIN Selling: The Consultative Sale
The RAIN Selling methodology, introduced in 2002 by Mike Schultz and John Doerr, is designed around the mastering of consultative conversations. RAIN Selling teaches salespeople a proven process for leading masterful sales conversations from qualifying to a successful close.
With this objective in mind, RAIN Selling uses questioning techniques to uncover the full set of buyer needs and desires. The salesperson sells ideas, insights, and perspectives that influence the buyer’s agenda and develops and communicates the most compelling value case. With a full understanding of buyers, buyer types, and buying, a salesperson then closes new business with maximum success and integrity and overcomes objections that get in the way of the sale. The basic idea is to sell based on value, thereby reducing reduce price push backs.
The RAIN Selling Methodology includes elements such as:
- Identifying and articulating the true value of your company’s solution
- Development of a winning value proposition positioning statement
- The building of trust, rapport, and relationships with prospects
- The balancing of advocacy and inquiry in sales conversations, with the aim to not only uncover needs but to build and inspire credibility
- Inspiring buyer action and influencing the buyer’s agenda
- Uncovering the full set of buyer needs and desires with accurate questioning techniques
- Understanding the different types of buyer personas, and how to approach each
RAIN Selling and Pipeliner CRM
Consultative selling requires the right data at the right time—and no CRM solution delivers it like Pipeliner. A company implementing RAIN selling will have worked out the exact steps needed from qualification to close, and these steps are exactly expressed in a company’s sales pipeline. With Pipeliner, the sales pipeline is totally visual and fully customizable, as are the tasks, activities, forms, and fields within each pipeline step.
RAIN Selling is also empowered by Pipeliner CRM through the multiple choices of the way data is viewed—ensuring that data is always seen in the best way possible to make the most of it.
Pipeliner CRM is the perfect Sales CRM choice for RAIN selling. Try it today.