Multiple Reasons for Multiple Pipelines
Given the different types of sales and salespeople as well as all the ancillary roles and processes such as customer successCustomer Success Customer Success is a proactive mindset, function, department or strategy commonly adopted by B2B companies to optimize business with customers, reduce churn rate, drive profits and increase the predictability of recurring revenue. and lead qualificationLead Qualification Lead Qualification is the process of determining whether a potential customer has the characteristics of your company’s ideal client (such as sufficient purchasing ability and a higher likelihood of buying your product). more and more companies are seeing the need to manage these as separate processes/pipelines.
In some companies, the sale could be made first by direct salesDirect Sales Direct Sales is the method of selling a product or service in a location other than the associated retail stores or offices, wherein the seller personally engages a prospect in a physical or face-to-face environment such as a home or a cafe. and then upsold by professional services. In another example, some companies might require different sales processes for different products or service lines.
Other examples could include:
- a pre-sales processSales Process Sales Process is a series of strategic steps or a set of activities aimed at driving sales growth through the alignment of personnel, market insight, methodologies, relevant business units, and technology., designed to nurture leads and heat them up for actual prime-time sales
- a sales process, which is the main sales pipelineSales Pipeline Sales Pipeline is a type of visualization showing the status of each sales prospect in the customer life cycle or sales process. for the company
- a customerCustomer Customer is an individual or an organization that purchases a product or signs up for a service offered by a business. process, for upsellingUpselling Upselling is a selling technique where a seller introduces a more expensive, an upgrade, or add-on to a buyer to increase the average order value. and sales of future products to existing customers, and for making them into evangelists
Outside of Sales
Additionally you would most likely find in any company:
- a separate process for support—into which a support ticket comes, which exits at the other end when completed
- distinctly separate processes for installation or, for a service, integration of the service
Throughout a company, there can be many other separate processes, too. As examples:
- Accounts receivableAccounts Receivable Accounts Receivable refers to the amount of money yet to be collected from your customers who purchased a product or subscribed to a service.—tied right into a company’s sales process or processes
- Inventory control—which could also be tied right in with primary sales processes
- Supply chain management—for any company that is manufacturing-based or which depends upon outside suppliers
If, as with traditional CRM applications, the solutionSolution Solution is a combination of ideas, strategies, processes, technologies and services that effectively helps an organization achieve its goals or hurdle its challenges. only allows a single pipelinePipeline Sales pipelineis a visual representation of the stage prospects are in the sales process. for sales, then all of these other processes would have to be addressed with other applications. They would have to be separately accessed every time they were needed. It is far more efficient for all of these processes to be collectively addressed within the company’s CRM solution.
Due to this vital business requirement today, Pipeliner CRM allows you as many processes as are needed by your company—all connected to a single database. Opportunities, customers, accounts or other dataData Data is a set of quantitative and qualitative facts that can be used as reference or inputs for computations, analyses, descriptions, predictions, reasoning and planning. can be moved from one process to another, whole and intact. Additionally all of this data can be interconnected as needed, regardless of what process it is part of.
Pipeliner CRM Features
- Account Management
- Contact Management
- Customization & Admin
- Email Integration
- Lead Management
- Opportunity & Activity
- Sales Insights
- « See All Features
- Free Trial